Kerrville, Texas, March 12, 2021–The Kerrville Public Utility Board will hold a special called joint meeting on Monday, March 15, beginning at 9 a.m. Click here to download the meeting agenda.
The meeting will be hosted via Webex teleconference, event number 187 999 2810
Click the following link to join the meeting on March 15:
Join the meeting by phone by dialing: +1-408-418-9388
Access code: 187 999 2810
KPUB MEETING PROCEDURES DURING DISASTER PERIOD
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) provides a unique concern in that gathering members of the public and KPUB staff within a physical setting constitutes a public health risk. The Texas Open Meetings Act (Ch. 552, Tx. Gov’t Code) does not contemplate an instance where a governing body meeting might be completely virtual to avoid further spread of COVID-19.
However, on March 16, 2020, the Texas Governor suspended certain requirements of the Open Meetings Act to permit open meetings to occur in a fully virtual setting (e.g., telephonic or videoconference meeting).
Due to Covid concerns and in an effort to avoid and mitigate health risks and limit occupancy levels in the KPUB Board Room, City Council and KPUB will convene the March 15, 2021 meeting in a virtual forum and attendance will be limited to only those persons essential to holding the meeting.
No member of the public will be admitted into the KPUB Board Room during this time.
Based upon the above-stated concerns and actions from the federal, state, and local governments:
1. Please be patient as KPUB implements the process and technology involved;
2. Understand that the process may change moving forward. If it does, KPUB will post such changes to its website and on the agendas; and
3. Should you wish to participate in a meeting, the earlier the better. For example, you may wish to email KPUB Staff prior to the meeting. Should you wish to address the Board, the earlier that you can call and line-up to speak the better.
Here then is the process that KPUB will use for its meeting:
1. KPUB Board meetings are recorded and future recordings will be posted on KPUB’s website.
2. Any person who wishes to address the City Council and/or KPUB Board must join the meeting online or call in to the meeting by telephone between 8:30 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. A speaker must provide his/her first and last name, an address, and identify the item to address. Anyone calling after 8:45 a.m. will not be registered to speak. After registering, the speaker must remain on hold and the call will be muted until the appropriate time. The speaker will be able to hear the meeting. At some point, the speaker will be prompted to enter the discussion by stating his or her full name and address. The speaker may then speak to the Council and Board for up to four minutes. Should the speaker get disconnected, it is the speaker’s responsibility to call back.
3. A person may also submit a written comment on an agenda item, which comments will be read into the meeting record. Comments must include a name, address, and a reference to the relevant item. Comments that do not include such information will not be read and KPUB must receive all comments by 8:45 a.m.
a. Comments may be dropped off at the KPUB Utility Payments Drive Thru Drop-Box; or
b. Comments may be emailed to [email protected]