Save Money & Energy
KPUB makes it easier than ever to make energy-efficiency improvements for our customers by offering over 11 different types of rebates.
Energy Saving Tips
Heating and cooling equipment accounts for half of a home’s energy use, followed by large appliances and electronic devices, water heating equipment, and lighting.
Remember—the less energy you use, the more money you save!
Make wise choices to use less energy with the following tips:
- Set your thermostat between 78 and 80 degrees during warm months. During colder months, a thermostat setting of between 68 to 70 degrees is recommended.
- Use a programmable thermostat to manage your daily heating and cooling needs.
- Try ceiling or portable fans to circulate air and make a room feel cooler.
- Turn off the television, fan and lights or lamps when you leave a room.
- Buy CFLs to replace less-efficient incandescent bulbs.
- Purchase energy-efficient appliances and products. Check the Energy Guide label and look for the ENERGY STAR® logo when purchasing these items.
- Turn off or unplug electronic devices, such as computers, power tools, cell phone chargers, digital cameras, and MP3s, when they are not being used.
- Reduce your use of hot water – take short showers, use cold water to wash clothes, etc.
- Call us for a Residential Energy Audit to reduce common inefficiencies.