Are you interested in joining the KPUB team? Click the button below to check out our openings!
If you have a disability and need accommodation(s) to apply for one of KPUB’s posted positions, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States, either as U.S. citizens or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. KPUB participates in E-Verify, a U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services internet system that helps businesses determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KPUB actively promotes equal-opportunity employment and equal pay on the basis of merit and ability to perform work. Equal opportunity will be extended to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, or disability.
“At KPUB, I work with a great team of other line workers who all take pride in the work we do and are always ready to roll up our sleeves and help each other out. I love that my job as a KPUB lineman challenges me every day in different ways and the brotherhood it involves in training one another. KPUB is a great company that has offered me an opportunity to develop my career here, and I’m able to use my skills and knowledge to keep progressing in this line of work and continuously grow.”
Full-time employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Deferred Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Sickness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
POSITION STATUS: Full Time / Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: General Foreman
Perform skilled work in the construction, maintenance and repair of distribution lines and equipment in de-energized and energized environments using rubber-gloving techniques. Direct subordinates in the completion of less complex routine duties.
- Set poles and down-guys.
- Frame poles and pull in conductors for distribution circuits.
- Install transformers, regulators, capacitors, reclosers, air switches, and other equipment.
- Phase circuits together.
- Install and maintain underground circuits and transformers.
- Install residential and commercial services.
- Install and disconnect meters.
- Train apprentice linemen and helpers.
- Maintain assigned vehicles.
- Be familiar with and follow all safety regulations; promote a safe work place with coworkers.
- Be familiar with distribution construction specifications.
- Work with co-workers, supervisory personnel and the general public.
- Climb poles and work from bucket trucks.
- Perform strenuous work under emergency conditions and in all weather conditions.
- All other assignments as directed by supervisor or General Manager/CEO.
- Sufficient education and vocational training plus a minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in electrical power line work.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Must possess a valid Texas Commercial Driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform the essential functions of the job described with or without reasonable accommodation, including being able to lift up to 100 pounds of materials.
- Must be able to work irregular hours including overtime, weekends, nights and “on-call” and “after hour” duty assignments when scheduled or as required.