Are you interested in joining the KPUB team? Click the button below to check out our openings!
If you have a disability and need accommodation(s) to apply for one of KPUB’s posted positions, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States, either as U.S. citizens or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. KPUB participates in E-Verify, a U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services internet system that helps businesses determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KPUB actively promotes equal-opportunity employment and equal pay on the basis of merit and ability to perform work. Equal opportunity will be extended to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, or disability.
“At KPUB, I work with a great team of other line workers who all take pride in the work we do and are always ready to roll up our sleeves and help each other out. I love that my job as a KPUB lineman challenges me every day in different ways and the brotherhood it involves in training one another. KPUB is a great company that has offered me an opportunity to develop my career here, and I’m able to use my skills and knowledge to keep progressing in this line of work and continuously grow.”
Full-time employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Deferred Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Sickness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
POSITION STATUS: Full Time / Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: General Foreman
Perform skilled work in the construction, maintenance and repair of distribution lines and equipment in de-energized and energized environments using rubber-gloving techniques. Direct subordinates in the completion of less complex routine duties.
- Set poles and down-guys.
- Frame poles and pull in conductors for distribution circuits.
- Install transformers, regulators, capacitors, reclosers, air switches, and other equipment.
- Phase circuits together.
- Install and maintain underground circuits and transformers.
- Install residential and commercial services.
- Install and disconnect meters.
- Train apprentice linemen and helpers.
- Maintain assigned vehicles.
- Be familiar with and follow all safety regulations; promote a safe work place with coworkers.
- Be familiar with distribution construction specifications.
- Work with co-workers, supervisory personnel and the general public.
- Climb poles and work from bucket trucks.
- Perform strenuous work under emergency conditions and in all weather conditions.
- All other assignments as directed by supervisor or General Manager/CEO.
- Sufficient education and vocational training plus a minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in electrical power line work.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Must possess a valid Texas Commercial Driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform the essential functions of the job described with or without reasonable accommodation, including being able to lift up to 100 pounds of materials.
- Must be able to work irregular hours including overtime, weekends, nights and “on-call” and “after hour” duty assignments when scheduled or as required.
TITLE: HR Assistant
POSITION STATUS: Full Time / Non Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources & Safety
This position will, under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, process and enter data related to payroll actions, benefits enrollment, and other human resources information, while keeping in
compliance with federal regulations, state regulations and company policy. Answer routine questions, assists staff members with forms, and provides other support to the Human Resources Manager.
• Process biweekly payroll for over 55 employees (hourly, non-exempt, exempt).
• Processes employee changes.
• Audits time and attendance system for integrity.
• Verifies payroll correctness and distributes paychecks/direct deposits.
• Processes separate payrolls for yearly bonus/incentive programs.
• Processes garnishments, child support orders, tax levies, quarterly tax verifications, third-party sick pay and worker compensation reports.
• Performs year-end responsibilities to include group term life, moving expenses, third-party sick pay and W-2 verification and mailing.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Completes manual entry of payroll-related forms into NISC.
• Process medical, dental, vision and other employee benefit plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
• Sufficient education and vocational training plus a minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in electrical power line work.
• Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications.
• Must possess a valid Texas Commercial Driver’s license and have a good driving record.
• Must be physically and mentally able to perform the essential functions of the job described with or without reasonable accommodation, including being able to lift up to 100 pounds of materials.
• Must be able to work irregular hours including overtime, weekends, nights and “on-call” and “after hour” duty assignments when scheduled or as required.
• Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for Management, as requested.
• Coordinates with insurance companies to resolve employee insurance issues.
• Assists in annual open enrollment period: materials from carriers, communicating changes to employees/answering questions, assists with employee presentations. Process changes within deadlines.
• Assists with leave administration communication and documentation.
• Serves as a contact in the benefit audit process.
• Provide support for employee training and development registrations.
• Administer KPUB’s travel policy. Serve as KPUB’s travel coordinator.
• Administer KPUB’s administrative fleet records.
• Serve as contact for KPUB’s risk pool policies, worker’s compensation and liability.
• Provide backup support for the Human Resources Manager as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or General Manager.
• High school diploma and at least three years of experience in payroll and/or human resources.
Associate’s degree in Human Resources a plus.
• Knowledge of payroll, benefits, compensation and other human resources laws.
• Time and attendance experience preferred.
• Experience with travel coordination.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to providing quality services and accuracy.
• Ability to use resources efficiently and effectively to complete projects and produce required results within given time periods.
• Exhibits flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to contribute to the successful achievement of the
Human Resources Department.
• Ability to interact and communicate with all levels within the organization.
• Conveys a positive and professional attitude.
• Excellent/professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate concepts and procedures clearly and effectively.
• Ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and problem solve within a fast-paced office environment with frequent interruptions.
• Discreet, able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately. High level of integrity.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Willingness to work overtime as needed during critical HR/Payroll related months of the year and during special HR activities.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License