Are you interested in joining the KPUB team? Click the button below to check out our openings!
If you have a disability and need accommodation(s) to apply for one of KPUB’s posted positions, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States, either as U.S. citizens or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. KPUB participates in E-Verify, a U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services internet system that helps businesses determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KPUB actively promotes equal-opportunity employment and equal pay on the basis of merit and ability to perform work. Equal opportunity will be extended to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, or disability. The following posters, produced by the Equal Opportunity Commission,
“At KPUB, I work with a great team of other line workers who all take pride in the work we do and are always ready to roll up our sleeves and help each other out. I love that my job as a KPUB lineman challenges me every day in different ways and the brotherhood it involves in training one another. KPUB is a great company that has offered me an opportunity to develop my career here, and I’m able to use my skills and knowledge to keep progressing in this line of work and continuously grow.”
Full-time employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Deferred Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Sickness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
TITLE: System Dispatcher
POSITION STATUS: Full Time / Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Field Services
Under direction, receive and transmit information to crew personnel relating to construction, maintenance and repair of distribution lines. Receive customer telephone calls relating to power outages, connection of new service or service disconnect and reconnect non-pay.
Under limited supervision, coordinate transfer of information between crews, office and customers to facilitate operation of the KPUB electrical system and maximize productivity and reliability.
- Under limited supervision, communicate by telephone, radio/dispatch functions and email withemployees and customers.
- Acquire status of distribution and substation equipment; analyze and report information as needed todirect crews for normal and emergency operations.
- Dispatches service crew(s) and equipment to specific work locations.
- Issue, receive and record switching orders clearly.
- Records essential information and facts from messages transmitted or received by radio and telephoneby entering and retrieving data from computer, time stamping and logging messages for permanentrecord keeping, maintaining continuous records of the status of units assigned, and maintaining aregular log of all messages transmitted and received by radio and telephone.
- Develop thorough knowledge of service area.
- Utilize SCADA, mapping, outage management and other software for data entry, reporting, andinformation gathering purposes to support utility operations.
- Work morning, evening and double shifts as required.
- Work as dispatcher on call as required.
- All other assignments as directed by supervisor or management.
POSITION STATUS: Full Time / Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: General Foreman
Perform skilled work in the construction, maintenance and repair of distribution lines and equipment in de-energized and energized environments using rubber-gloving techniques. Direct subordinates in the completion of less complex routine duties.
- Set poles and down-guys.
- Frame poles and pull in conductors for distribution circuits.
- Install transformers, regulators, capacitors, reclosers, air switches, and other equipment.
- Phase circuits together.
- Install and maintain underground circuits and transformers.
- Install residential and commercial services.
- Install and disconnect meters.
- Train apprentice linemen and helpers.
- Maintain assigned vehicles.
- Be familiar with and follow all safety regulations; promote a safe work place with coworkers.
- Be familiar with distribution construction specifications.
- Work with co-workers, supervisory personnel and the general public.
- Climb poles and work from bucket trucks.
- Perform strenuous work under emergency conditions and in all weather conditions.
- All other assignments as directed by supervisor or General Manager/CEO.