Are you interested in joining the KPUB team? Click the button below to check out our openings!
If you have a disability and need accommodation(s) to apply for one of KPUB’s posted positions, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States, either as U.S. citizens or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. KPUB participates in E-Verify, a U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services internet system that helps businesses determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KPUB actively promotes equal-opportunity employment and equal pay on the basis of merit and ability to perform work. Equal opportunity will be extended to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, or disability.
“At KPUB, I work with a great team of other line workers who all take pride in the work we do and are always ready to roll up our sleeves and help each other out. I love that my job as a KPUB lineman challenges me every day in different ways and the brotherhood it involves in training one another. KPUB is a great company that has offered me an opportunity to develop my career here, and I’m able to use my skills and knowledge to keep progressing in this line of work and continuously grow.”
Full-time employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Deferred Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Sickness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
TITLE: Accounting Supervisor
POSITION STATUS: Full Time / Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Financial Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
The Accounting Supervisor is directly responsible for the maintenance and oversight of the financial integrity of KPUB’s financial records, along with the direct supervision of its accounting staff. The Accounting Supervisor is the designated Public Information Coordinator.
• Responsible for supervising and managing KPUB’s accounting personnel.
• Responsible for the control of KPUB’s accounting function, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, the fixed assets system, the control of the integrity of the computer accounting system, and the monthly subsystems closings, etc.
• Assists the Director of Finance in preparation of and administration of KPUB’s annual budget.
• Assists the Director of Finance in coordinating with KPUB’s independent auditors, assisting with the audit work papers and in the preparation of KPUB’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
• Works with the Director of Finance in the administration of KPUB’s investment program in compliance with its Investment Policy.
• Administers the approved budget for the areas of direct responsibility.
• Ensures that the books and records of KPUB properly reflect the current state of Energy Risk Management (ERM) and oversees other functions of the Back Office as defined in KPUB’s ERM Policy.
• Completes and submits special reports, such as the DOE EIA-861 and the PUCT EMR.
• Makes Board presentations regarding areas of responsibility.
• Provide guidance & direction to accounting staff in accomplishing their respective annual Employee Incentive Plan (EIP) goals.
• Acts as KPUB’s Public Information Coordinator.
• All other assignments as directed by the Director of Finance and/or the General Manager/CEO.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a related field.
• Registration as a CPA in Texas preferred or ability to attain certification within 24 months.
• Five to ten years of progressive accounting experience preferred.
• Ability to interact with management and external professionals.
• Possess a valid Texas Driver’s license and have a good driving record.
Download a copy of this job description here.
POSITION STATUS: Full Time / Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Field Services
Under direction, receive and transmit information to crew personnel relating to construction, maintenance and repair of distribution lines. Receive customer telephone calls relating to power outages, connection of new service or service disconnect and reconnect non-pay.
Under limited supervision, coordinate transfer of information between crews, office and customers to facilitate operation of the KPUB electrical system and maximize productivity and reliability.
- Under limited supervision, communicate by telephone, radio/dispatch functions and email with employees and customers.
- Acquire status of distribution and substation equipment; analyze and report information as needed to direct crews for normal and emergency operations.
- Dispatches service crew(s) and equipment to specific work locations.
- Issue, receive and record switching orders clearly.
- Records essential information and facts from messages transmitted or received by radio and telephone by entering and retrieving data from computer, time stamping and logging messages for permanent record keeping, maintaining continuous records of the status of units assigned, and maintaining a regular log of all messages transmitted and received by radio and telephone.
- Develop thorough knowledge of service area.
- Utilize SCADA, mapping, outage management and other software for data entry, reporting, and information gathering purposes to support utility operations.
- Work morning, evening and double shifts as required.
- Work as dispatcher on call as required.
- All other assignments as directed by supervisor or management.
- High school diploma or equivalent. One year of verifiable experience operating a two-way radio communications system, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of communication practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of communication rules and guidelines.
- Maintain composure and think clearly in emergency situations
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, dependable and detail oriented.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to maintain sensitive company/customer data in the strictest of confidence.
- Proficient operation of office equipment.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
- Ability to obtain knowledge of basic electricity and electric power systems.
- Ability to operate a variety of communication equipment and information services; read maps and guides.
- Ability to accurately interpret report and convey electronic data.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform the essential functions of the job described in a fast paced, high-pressure environment with or without reasonable accommodation, including being able to lift up to 50 pounds of materials.
Download a copy of this job description here.
POSITION STATUS: Full Time / Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: General Foreman
Perform skilled work in the construction, maintenance and repair of distribution lines and equipment in de-energized and energized environments using rubber-gloving techniques. Direct subordinates in the completion of less complex routine duties.
- Set poles and down-guys.
- Frame poles and pull in conductors for distribution circuits.
- Install transformers, regulators, capacitors, reclosers, air switches, and other equipment.
- Phase circuits together.
- Install and maintain underground circuits and transformers.
- Install residential and commercial services.
- Install and disconnect meters.
- Train apprentice linemen and helpers.
- Maintain assigned vehicles.
- Be familiar with and follow all safety regulations; promote a safe work place with coworkers.
- Be familiar with distribution construction specifications.
- Work with co-workers, supervisory personnel and the general public.
- Climb poles and work from bucket trucks.
- Perform strenuous work under emergency conditions and in all weather conditions.
- All other assignments as directed by supervisor or General Manager/CEO.
- Sufficient education and vocational training plus a minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in electrical power line work.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Must possess a valid Texas Commercial Driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform the essential functions of the job described with or without reasonable accommodation, including being able to lift up to 100 pounds of materials.
- Must be able to work irregular hours including overtime, weekends, nights and “on-call” and “after hour” duty assignments when scheduled or as required.