At KPUB, we are actively engaged and involved in our community through a variety of ways. We strive to make the Hill Country—our home, too—a better place to live, work and go to school. We love to give back to the communities we serve through our volunteer programs, and we invest revenues directly back into the area by supporting local events, nonprofits and our schools financially. We also provide in-kind resources to community events such as Kerrville’s 4th on the River, Kerrville’s Festival of the Arts and the set up for the Kerrville downtown Christmas tree lighting at the courthouse, just to name a few.
Burned veterans’ discount program
The Burned Veterans’ Discount Program was approved by the Kerrville Public Utility Board, effective October 1, 2013.
- The program provides up to a $90 per month discount for the months of April through October on the primary residential electric service account only of the KPUB customer who is a severely burned veteran and has completed the application process.
- The discount may not result in a credit balance (Example: Electric bill is $85.00 – the discount will only be $85.00).
- A medical military facility certification is required for an applicant to be eligible.
- Medical confirmation will be necessary every 12 months to continue program participation.
- The applicant must be a military veteran who has significantly decreased ability to regulate his or her body’s core temperature because of severe burns received during armed conflict or in combat.
- Only the applicant’s primary residence that he or she currently occupies is eligible for the discount. The discount will apply even if the veteran is not the customer of record.
- The credit is valid on one electric account only.
- The current rules and regulations shall apply to the program, including the payment and collection process.
- This program can be modified or cancelled at any time without notice.