At KPUB, we are actively engaged and involved in our community in a variety of ways. We strive to make the Hill Country—our home, too—a better place to live, work and go to school. For us, it’s all about powering a better community. We love to give back to the communities we serve through our volunteer program, and we invest revenues directly back into the area by supporting local events, nonprofits and our schools financially.
We also provide in-kind resources to community events such as Kerrville’s 4th on the River, Kerrville’s Festival of the Arts and the set up for the Kerrville downtown Christmas tree lighting at the courthouse, just to name a few.
Our company-wide commitment to volunteerism connects our employees to local volunteer opportunities by identifying areas where we can give our time and make a difference in our community. KPUB proudly volunteers with nonprofits in our community such as:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Salvation Army of Kerrville
- Our local food pantries
- Christian Men’s Job Corps “CSI” (community service initiative) days
- UGRA’s Annual River Cleanup
- Community blood drives
- & more!
Recent Community Activities
KPUB assistance programs
local agency assistance
We understand that our customers may need to make a payment after the due date at certain times. Please know, KPUB is here for you. Helping our neighbors is important to us, because we are your neighbors, too.
If you find yourself in that situation, please call one of our customer service representatives to make arrangements and find out what your options are at 830.257.3050. For all of our COVID-19 operation and payment announcements, please click here.
If you’re still unable to pay your utility bill, the following local agencies may be able to help.
Society of St. Vincent De Paul
Hours: M 9-11 a.m., W 7-9 p.m., Sat 9-11 a.m.
Christian Assistance Ministry (CAM)
624 Clay Street
Hours: 2-4 p.m., Wednesdays
Community Council of South Central Texas (CCSCT)
1216 Sidney Baker South #C
Hours: 8 a.m.-12 p.m. & 1-5 p.m., M-F
Alamo Area Council of Governments (AACOG)
8700 Tesoro Dr Ste 700, San Antonio, TX 78217
*utility assistance is available to those that are over 60 years, once a fiscal year
Other types of assistance resources:
The AACOG Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is designed to help low-income people, particularly the elderly and handicapped, overcome the high cost of energy through the installation of energy conservation measures at no cost to the applicant. Although the program does not address major home repairs, it can help lower the amount of energy used in a home by enhancing the structure’s thermal boundary. Like a styrofoam cup, the house will stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. The less energy it takes to heat or cool the house, the more money is saved.
AACOG Weatherization Assistance Program
Burned veterans’ discount program
The Burned Veterans’ Discount Program was approved by the Kerrville Public Utility Board, effective October 1, 2013.
- The program provides up to a $90 per month discount for the months of April through October on the primary residential electric service account only of the KPUB customer who is a severely burned veteran and has completed the application process.
- The discount may not result in a credit balance (Example: Electric bill is $85.00 – the discount will only be $85.00).
- A medical military facility certification is required for an applicant to be eligible.
- Medical confirmation will be necessary every 12 months to continue program participation.
- The applicant must be a military veteran who has significantly decreased ability to regulate his or her body’s core temperature because of severe burns received during armed conflict or in combat.
- Only the applicant’s primary residence that he or she currently occupies is eligible for the discount. The discount will apply even if the veteran is not the customer of record.
- The credit is valid on one electric account only.
- The current rules and regulations shall apply to the program, including the payment and collection process.
- This program can be modified or cancelled at any time without notice.