Kerrville, Texas, April 9, 2020–The Kerrville Public Utility Board will hold its regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, April 15, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Due to COVID-19, the meeting will be hosted via Webex teleconference, event number 261 650 226.
Click the following link to join the meeting on April 15: https://kpub.webex.com/kpub/onstage/g.php?MTID=e763bd1044eb07aee804b54c101fe1779
KPUB MEETING PROCEDURES DURING DISASTER PERIOD COVID-19 (Coronavirus) provides a unique concern in that gathering members of the public and KPUB staff within a physical setting constitutes a public health risk.
The Texas Open Meetings Act (Ch. 552, Tx. Gov’t Code) does not contemplate an instance where a governing body meeting might be completely virtual to avoid further spread of COVID-19.
However, on March 16, 2020, the Texas Governor suspended certain requirements of the Open Meetings Act to permit open meetings to occur in a fully virtual setting (e.g., telephonic or videoconference meeting). Pursuant to the City’s Declaration of Disaster, as issued by the Mayor and approved by City Council and which may be found on the City’s website, the City recommended that any public gatherings of 10 or more people in a single indoor location be canceled or postponed until further notice.
Based upon this information and the Governor’s most recent order, KPUB plans to hold board meetings only as necessary. When it is necessary for KPUB to hold a meeting, KPUB will convene in a virtual forum (e.g. webinar and/or teleconference) to avoid and mitigate the public health risks.
Based upon the above-stated concerns and actions from the federal, state, and local governments:
1. please be patient as KPUB implements the process and technology involved;
2. understand that the process may change moving forward. If it does, KPUB will post such changes to its website and on the agendas; and
3. should you wish to participate in a meeting, the earlier the better. For example, you may wish to email KPUB Staff prior to the meeting. Should you wish to address the Board, the earlier that you can call and line-up to speak the better.
Here then is the process that KPUB will use for its meeting:
1. KPUB Board meetings are recorded (audio only) and future recordings will be posted on KPUB’s website.
2. Any person who wishes to address the KPUB Board must call in to the meeting by telephone between 8:00 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. A speaker must provide his/her first and last name, an address, and identify the item to address. Anyone calling after 8:15 a.m. will not be registered to speak. After registering, the speaker must remain on hold and the call will be muted until the appropriate time. The speaker will be able to hear the meeting. At some point, the speaker will be prompted to enter the discussion by stating his or her full name and address. The speaker may then speak to the Board for up to four minutes. Should the speaker get disconnected, it is the speaker’s responsibility to call back.
3. A person may also submit a written comment on an agenda item, which comments will be read into the meeting record. Comments must include a name, address, and a reference to the relevant item. Comments that do not include such information will not be read and KPUB must receive all comments by 8:15 a.m. a. Comments may be dropped off at the KPUB Utility Payments Drop-Box; or b. Comments may be emailed to [email protected].