Community Blood Drive
Thursday, December 14, 2023
9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Donate blood, save lives
KPUB Community Blood Drive, Thursday, December 14, 2023, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
A warrior fighting cancer, an unsuspecting Texan involved in an accident and so many more patients rely on a healthy blood supply for support. Right now, that blood supply is low. Without blood on the shelves, patients in the Hill Country and across South Texas won’t have the blood they need to survive.
KPUB is hosting a community blood drive that will be by appointment only. The donation process takes approximately one hour overall per donor with paperwork, etc.
[ W H Y D O N A T E ]
• Every 4 minutes, someone in South Texas needs blood.
• Every day, 400 donations are needed to supply local hospitals.
• One donation can save up to 3 lives.
[ W H E N & W H E R E ]
Blood mobiles from South Texas Blood and Tissue will be on campus at KPUB in the parking lot between our warehouse & main lobby on Thursday, December 14, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
[ S I G N U P ]
Advanced sign-up is REQUIRED for community members. If the blood drive is full, walk-ups will not be accepted.
Sign-up online here:
[ P E R K S ]
Besides the rewarding & feel-good feeling of helping others, donors get online shopping points for freebies just by signing up in the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center online store! You’ll get 25 points automatically when you sign up online & then another 100 points for a successful donation, redeemable for a free T-shirt, gift card, or item of your choice!
Whatever donation you make, patients are thankful for your lifesaving effort.
[ H O W T O P R E P A R E ]
• Drink plenty of water
• Eat a healthy, iron-rich meal
• Get a full night’s sleep the night before and the night of (7-9 hours is recommended)
• Avoid heavy lifting and vigorous exercise on the day of your donation
• Wear short or easy-to-roll sleeves
• Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol 12 hours prior
[ W H A T T O B R I N G ]
• A list of your current medications
• A valid photo ID
• Something to do—donations can take up to an hour
Click here for a list of FAQ for donors: https://southtexasblood.org/donor-faqs
Questions? Please contact KPUB’s Blood Drive Organizer, Allison Bueche, at 830.792.8250 or [email protected].